In terms of making use of for a French visa, it may be a traumatic time. And until you’re a citizen of an EU nation – you will want a visa to remain longer than 90 days out of 180, or to reside in France on a everlasting or very long time foundation. We’ve acquired a number of emails from individuals who apply for a visa and are informed no (and also you don’t get informed why). And extra emails from folks asking for assist. They’re not sure which of the numerous forms of visa to use for. Unsure they’ve the precise paperwork, insurance coverage and so on. And we get it, it may be very complicated, and really nerve-racking when you await a solution.
We requested the specialists at French Connections HCB (FCHCB) what folks can do to assist themselves once they apply for a French visa. Over the previous three years, FCHCB have efficiently utilized for greater than 1200 French resident permits (carte de séjour) for English-speaking purchasers from everywhere in the world. They advise that to assist with profitable utility, it helps to indicate that you’re going above and past to embrace the French life. Listed below are their prime suggestions:
Making use of for a Visa for a everlasting transfer to France
First, we at all times say that it is best to attempt to put your self within the footwear of the native Prefectures whose job it’s to ship residency permits. Getting a visa isn’t only a tick field factor. The native directors are inundated with functions from residents of America, Nice Britain, Australia and Canada and different international locations around the globe. So assist them – and also you assist your self. That’s why we created our Shifting To France bundle. It’s based mostly on our expertise and information (being French ourselves) of how the system works.
In terms of a residency utility – there are three primary necessities in terms of French admin.
1. They’re on the lookout for reassurance that you’ve enough funds to cowl your self. In actual phrases, this quantities to a minimal revenue of 1384 euros per thirty days, per particular person, after tax. That’s based mostly on the SMIC (Salaire Minimal de Croissance) – the minimal wage in France (2023).
2. They want proof that you’ve someplace protected to reside – whether or not it’s a everlasting house or rental. When you’re within the course of of shopping for, an ‘acte de vente‘ – a doc that exhibits you might be within the course of of shopping for will probably be accepted. And in case you’re renting, a French rental contract is required.
Insurance coverage is important
3. Proof of personal medical insurance coverage. When you’re British and in receipt of a state pension, you’ll be able to come to France with an S1 kind and that can allow you to use with out personal medical insurance coverage. However it is best to think about if that’s the very best transfer. An S1 successfully indicators you out of the NHS and there’s no straightforward approach again. When you’re in any approach not 100% sure that you simply want to stay in France, it’s good to maintain the NHS choice open no less than when you ‘take a look at drive’ your new house. When you don’t have the proper personal medical insurance coverage – you’re just about guaranteeing a fail in your visa utility.
So, again to that time the place we stated assist the native prefecture by making their job simpler. Think about what would possibly make you stand out. Present greater than you want to your utility to be accepted. In our Shifting To France bundle we outline 9 completely different levels alongside your journey to changing into French. Every considered one of them is designed to reassure the administration that you’re going above and past in your intent to change into a French citizen.
The levels of making use of for a visa
In terms of making use of for a French long run visa, these are among the most essential levels and the way we take away among the ache and make your begin of a brand new life in France much less of a fear:
1. Your lengthy keep customer visa. FCHCB might help you collect the required paperwork (proof of deal with, images, and so on) and test their validity. We are able to submit the applying in your behalf, ebook an appointment for you on the visa centre and comply with up with the authorities. And we’ll monitor and ‘hand maintain’ till your visa is efficiently delivered.
2. Visa validation. When you arrive in France, it’s obligatory to validate your visa to make it official. We’ll full this process for you, together with processing the visa validation price payable to the French authorities.
Healthcare and tax
3. Carte Vitale. That is what provides you entry to the state healthcare system. You possibly can’t apply for it till you have got been in France for no less than three months – therefore the necessity for personal medical insurance coverage (level 3 above). We’ll handle all of the preparations and create your on-line healthcare account.
4. Tax code creation. We’ll get you arrange within the system, allow you to collect the proper paperwork, test their validity and submit your utility on-line. If for any cause you aren’t eligible for a tax code, we’ll refund this a part of the quote.
5. Tax return. Proving your revenue by submitting your first French tax declaration goes a great distance in serving to you to safe a visa renewal. We associate with one of the trusted accountancy corporations in France to ensure it’s carried out rapidly, affordably and effectively.
6. Driving licence change utility. When you arrive in France, you have got 12 months to change your driving licence for a French one. We’ll allow you to assemble legitimate documentation, advocate a translator (it’s a part of the applying that your paperwork are translated into French) and submit the applying for a French licence. The method takes a very long time to finish so long as 18 months just isn’t uncommon although you might be permitted to drive when you submit the applying. We’ll monitor its progress and hold you knowledgeable.
We are able to additionally allow you to purchase a automobile in France. It may be actually difficult to do that in a special language so we provide a service that can assist you search and negotiate. We work with a community of trusted brokers proper throughout France. Plus we now have partnerships with all the primary automotive producers, so we are able to assure to get you the very best deal in your new automotive. We are able to even organise to have it delivered to you. And we might help you with insurance coverage by our trusted associate Fab French Insurance coverage, for a extremely aggressive quote.
When you favor to deliver your individual automotive to France, we additionally provide an import and automobile registration service.
7. Residency utility or renewal of carte de séjour (the residency allow). We help you in making ready all of the related paperwork, test their validity and submit your utility. We’ll additionally present over-the-phone translation help in case you are required to deposit your file in particular person on the prefecture. And we are able to prep you to your compulsory face-to-face appointment.
First Six months in France assist
As soon as you progress to France, you would possibly determine you’d like a bit extra assist. Issues like admin duties, letters to your financial institution, making appointments in your behalf, over the cellphone translation help, writing letters in French for you and so on. We provide a 6-month VIP bundle which implies you’ll be able to contact us to assist with all of your shifting to France duties.
In fact, everyone’s circumstances are completely different. If you want to speak to us about what’s finest for you, you’ll be able to ebook a 30 minute preliminary on-line session with us right here. The session prices 90 euros however that is deducted from the primary service that you simply ebook with us.
Discover out extra about French Connections HCB and the packages they provide right here: frenchconnectionshcb.com