French conventional quiche with a seasonal twist: recent figs and goat cheese to stability fruit sweetness. And drizzle honey makes it decadent.
The factor that I like about many French dwelling cooking recipes, apart from the truth that they’re tremendous simple to make, is that adaptation potentialities are limitless. And savory tarts are a great instance. So when recent fig season comes, I can’t assist myself baking a quiche. I believe that the most effective affiliation to stability the fruit sweetness is to have massive chunks of cheese, and goat cheese is ideal.
Earlier than the recipe components and directions, right here is a few info: filling potentialities are limitless, with the identical base and every kind of toppings. So when the figs are lastly in season, I see it, I can’t resist. I provide them at the moment as a savory tart with:
- I favor puff pastry relatively than a shortcrust pastry for a lighter quiche, however you should utilize shortcrust pastry if it’s simpler so that you can put together or if in case you have this on palms.
- Goat cheese I select goat log however chunks of recent goat cheese, relatively giant and never crumbled, is also advantageous. I discover that the end result is healthier with goat cheese log because it retains its texture higher as soon as baked within the quiche and because it’s a bit stronger in style, it balances fig sweetness.
- I add a pan-seared thinly sliced onion as a result of I believe it’s nice on this recipe, however you are able to do with out.
- Drizzling honey earlier than baking helps to caramelize.
- As for chives, they’ve a dressing relatively than gustative goal.
- You’ll be able to add walnuts or hazelnuts in the event you like. It might deliver a distinction of textures and likewise goes properly in flavors.
And in the event you like quiches and savory tarts, there are a number of recipes on the weblog now. In fact the normal quiche Lorraine (with the story behind, I let you know why it mustn’t comprise cheese), the spinach and bacon quiche which made my daughters love spinach, but in addition a caramelized onion and bacon quiche, corn and zucchini quiche, leek and haddock quiche. In addition to my mother’s bell pepper tart and a Paris button mushroom galette.
Fig, Goat cheese, and Honey Quiche
French conventional quiche with a seasonal twist: recent figs and goat cheese to stability fruit sweetness. And drizzle honey is totally divine.
Add filling and bake quiche
Cooking time: half-hour for the quiche after which 10 minutes to pre-bake pie crust and 10 minutes for onion which aren’t added within the complete cooking time as the 2 steps are accomplished concurrently.
If you wish to make this recipe faster, pan-fried onions are non-compulsory.