You’re planning a visit to French wine nation and are dreaming of seeing fabulous wine estates and exquisite chateaux. Are you confused about find out how to get to the key French wine areas? Many French wine areas should not have direct flights from the USA or different nations. So there’s a good likelihood you could want to attach in Paris. Let’s dig into the best strategy to get to the key French wine areas.
Listed below are some suggestions in case you’re connecting from Paris to French wine nation:
- First, you want 3 hours between connecting flights at Charles de Gaulle Airport.
- Subsequent, most transatlantic flights contact down earlier than lodge check-in instances. Tip: to keep away from ready for a room jet-lagged and cranky, guide a spa therapy in your arrival. Then you definitely examine in as soon as completed, feeling relaxed and revitalized.
To get to particular French wine areas:
- Bordeaux: Join via Paris in your journey day (1-hour flight). Or take the high-speed prepare (about 2-3 hours) from Paris or Paris CDG airport (See our Bordeaux excursions right here)
- Burgundy: 1.5 hours by prepare (both Beaune or Dijon stations) OR fly into Geneva, it’s a 2-hour automotive trip. It’s a couple of 3.5-hour automotive trip from Paris CDG. Driver providers will be organized along with your lodge. An alternative choice is to reach in Lyon, which is about 1.5 hours by automotive to Beaune. (Our Burgundy Wine Excursions-click right here)
- Rhone Valley, Avignon: Join via Paris to Marseilles in your journey day (1-hour flight-then a 45-minute drive to Avignon). Or take the high-speed prepare (about 3 hours) from Paris or Paris CDG airport (Our Rhone Wine Excursions: Click on right here)
- Loire Valley: one hour by high-speed prepare from Paris, arriving on the St. Pierre des Corps station. For Nantes, connecting flights from Paris CDG can be found. (Loire Wine Excursions: Click on Right here)
- Lastly, there are trains from Paris and from the Paris CDG Airport.
- We extremely advocate touring First Class (generally famous as Consolation Class on Rail Europe).
- Verify with Rail Europe for schedules and fares.
- However keep in mind many prepare schedules are launched solely 60 days prematurely when reserving your prepare ticket.
- Take into account touring top notch. Ultimately, that is extra snug for seating, and the extra price is value it.
- Practice instances and air schedules are topic to vary, so contact us for essentially the most up-to-date data.
Three suggestions for flying internationally:
- Plan for achievement.
- Join International Entry (for US residents).
- International Entry lets you bypass all of the strains in customs and passport management when re-entering the USA, simply undergo a kiosk. That has saved us an unbelievable period of time and after an extended worldwide flight, it’s welcome.
- Journey with solely a carry-on.
- Now I do know what you’re considering; that’s unattainable. It’s not unattainable. I’ve a whole video devoted to find out how to journey with a carry-on. And I’ve been doing it for over 20 years!
- The third factor we advocate is a VIP meet and greet on the airport.
- In your arrival nation, someone meets you as you exit the airplane, whisks you off to expedited passport and customs management, and helps you along with your baggage.
- After an extended transatlantic flight, it’s a necessity to have somebody take you away and never have to fret about ready in a line that might take you two hours to get via passport management.
Need to journey with solely a carry-on? It’s a game-changer and eliminates so many potential journey points comparable to misplaced baggage, and the effort of dragging round garments you find yourself not carrying! Click on on the video under to learn the way to take action.
Able to plan your dream tour?
Begin right here to see our excursions by area